hello?

Main reason: To be 5 people who share 1 interest. The interest? This journal. Every one of us, we're different. A good sort of different. We have our own beat and we dance to it in our own way. With our differences, we're misfits that fit :D We might be speaking about complications of the heart, the journey of growing up, some fabulous topics (sometimes), being individuals in a sea of clones and any topic we can think of in the future. So here we are: The Traveling Journal. Please like us! We're very likable ;)

Monday, January 5, 2009

Mondays are Mei's :D

I have about 15mins or so to write this post. Okay, no, I actually have a lot of time. However, I am also in amidst of cleaning my very dusty room! *achoo*

Hello dear readers. I'm Mei. Born: Lee Mei Ying. Often being called as: Mei/Mei Ying/Meuy/etc. I am the eldest of the bunch (probably fattest too). I'm a high school graduate who's due for National Service in March. I write every Monday. So Mei Mondays, eyy? Haha. I'm a self claimed minority. And I don't really know how to write self biographies. Heh.

So Khadijah wrote about school. And I'm out of school, for now. Aisyah H wrote about the new year and fresh starts. I? I'm going to write about Resolutions! So, here we go:

Without the lists of things you wish to change. There is no Fresh Start. Resolutions are often taken as elaborate and extreme change. Not possible to change over night. Heard of old habits die hard? Precisely. As hard as it is to list down the flaws we don't want to face. It's harder to keep them. I made a list last year. Content: Accepting my faults, Don't judge anyone, etc. Sounds simple. Simple to write. Not so simple to follow. How do I know that resolutions are hard to keep? I ended up struggling with the list. Alas, I achieved many after a few months of getting use to it. My point is: Keep your resolutions simple. Work small then aim for big. Petty flaws: I will pick up my things more often, I'm going to smile at my co-workers more often. From there you pick up pace and know where to start.

Apart from simple: BE PRECISE. Don't write whatever you think is suitable. Eg: I will not swear this year. What I should have written? I should swear less this year. I already broke it on the 1st of January 2009. So, there living proof. Resolutions are suppose to make you better. Make them suitable for you. Write down a few things you want change, pick one's that you'll know you can achieve without killing yourself too much (NO PAIN NO GAIN!) Best of luck & Happy Resolution Making readers!

See you next Monday!
(I'm sorry that if this post is shitz but I am lacking ideas. I'll make it up next monday, I promise!)

Mei xx.

No comments: